Pan American Insurance believes in providing every client with top-quality benefits at low prices, and with friendly, efficient services attached. No one should have to go on a long, expensive search for sub-par insurance policies. When you’ll come to us, we’ll use our years of expertise to get you affordable, easily manageable plans provided by our network of world-class carriers.
Like all motor vehicle operators, motorcyclists need to insure their bikes appropriately. However, motorcycle insurance is a lot different from standard auto insurance. We’ll help you dig into the details of this essential benefit to optimize a plan that is perfect for both your security needs and your wallet.
To get your tailored motorcycle insurance policy today, just get in touch with us. Call us at (915) 562-0009 or request your free, no-obligation quote right now.
Common Motorcycle Insurance Questions
How is Motorcycle Insurance Different from Auto Insurance?
Like all motor vehicle insurance policies, motorcycle insurance is designed to help bike owners cover costs related to unexpected, unavoidable accidents involving their bikes. While it will look a lot like standard auto insurance, the two policies are by no means identical.
Though automobiles and motorcycles are both motor vehicles, they both pose different operating risks and liabilities to the owner. After all, a motorcycle is a two-wheeled vehicle that requires an entirely different set of skills to operate. The coverage provided by motorcycle insurance will offer you common motor vehicle insurance benefits in a tailored and specialized package that is perfect for your bike..
Why is Motorcycle Insurance Important?
There are numerous problems that might arise for the average motorcycle owner at any time. These include damage to the bike (from numerous hazards), the risk of theft, lawsuits lodged against you if you are at fault for an accident and countless other risks.
While you hope that you’ll never face such challenges, you can’t guarantee that you won’t. Motorcycle insurance will offer you the financial assistance that you need to recover from these challenges. Therefore, even though you might find yourself in a pickle involving your bike, you won’t have to worry about how you’ll recover from it.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance offers a diversity of benefits, which will offer you protection against any number of challenges that might arise:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation if the motorcycle is damaged or lost due to fire, theft, vandalism, hail or wind.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation if the motorcycle is damaged or lost due to collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability Insurance: This covers bodily injury and property damage the insured biker may cause while operating the vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection: This insurance helps with medical expenses for the driver and their passengers in case of an accident, no matter who is at-fault.
- Guest Passenger Liability Insurance: This coverage steps in if a guest driver causes an accident while operating the motorcycle with the owner’s permission.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: This insurance steps in if the insured vehicle is involved in an accident with a driver not carrying insurance.
Other benefits that you can also use to your advantage include:
- Roadside assistance
- Custom parts coverage
- Gear & accessories coverage
- Replacement cost coverage
- Gap insurance
How Much Motorcycle Insurance do I Need?
Texas requires all motor vehicle operators, motorcyclists included, to carry minimum limits of auto liability insurance. The minimum required limits are:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $30,000 per person/$60,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $25,000 per accident
If you financed your bike when you bought it, then you might also be required to buy collision, comprehensive and gap insurance (among other benefits).
Of course, if you want the highest level of coverage, then we recommend increasing both your liability benefits and available physical damage coverage to your advantage. We can open the door to an expansive level of benefits with only a minimal impact on your premiums.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
We know that you want to be cost-conscious when insuring your bike, and we’ll work side by side with you to help you get the coverage that will remain affordable while still providing you with the right balance of benefits. Our carrier partners offer competitively priced, benefits-packed policies that will always offer the policyholder the best protection for their bike at prices that can fit into any budget.